PilotWorkshops has an opportunity for a self-directed Video Developer/Editor, who is a passionate and licensed pilot, to work with our team of instructors producing world-class training programs.
You’ll be creating 5-12 minute videos from scripts, audio resources, and other assets provided by our instructors. You’ll be responsible for storyboarding through final delivery based on feedback from our creative team. The position requires creativity in conceiving and creating compelling visuals, attention to detail, and meeting (reasonable) deadlines.
- Part time, remote, work-for-hire position
- Project-based compensation
- Potential for full-time employment
In this position, you will be making a significant contribution to general aviation safety and proficiency.
PilotWorkshops has been delivering online pilot proficiency training since 2005. Over these years, hundreds of thousands of pilots have benefited from our training and products. We have a mature, core team of content producers who understand the aviation market so you’ll have resources to help you achieve success.
- Must be competent using Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects (basic level), and Audition (basic level). Familiarity with InDesign and Illustrator a plus.
- Minimum of a Private Pilot Certificate with Instrument Rating. Advanced ratings are a plus. Ideally you are actively flying now.
- Must be competent with X-Plane and MSFS 2020 so that you can compose and capture still and video images based on scripts and creative director’s input (See samples below).
- Formal art/video training a plus.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference in aviation proficiency and safety. You’ll be paid well and work with a proven team that appreciates and rewards your efforts.
How to Apply
- Read everything on this page and be sure you are a good fit.
- Review the sample videos on this page.
- Send a resume and link to one 5-10 minute video you have created/edited that shows off your skills. It doesn’t have to be aviation-related, but better if it is.
If you have the talent and experience to create a video that rivals the samples on this page, let’s work together!
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org