Real World Coast to Coast
Planning and Executing Long Flights
Experience long-range IFR and VFR flying like never before with a left seat view of this journey from New Jersey to Southern California and back that both teaches and inspires.
Fly along on this epic, coast-to-coast adventure.
- A series of challenging IFR and VFR flights
- Long-range, cross-country flight planning
- ATC Communications – IFR and VFR
- A variety of reroutes and diversions
- High-altitude mountain crossings
- Radio communication problems in IMC
- IFR legs through complex NY and LA airspace
- VFR over the Grand Canyon at dusk
- A high-density-altitude landing and departure
- Fun at LAX: STAR in, SID out (and a flat tire)
- Heavy use of ForeFlight, Stratus and ADS-B
- Turbulence from winds, mountains, and heavy rain
- Various “special flight rules area” transitions
- Fatigue, hunger, stress, and potential hypoxia
- Breathtaking scenery across the USA
- And much more!
On the next screen you’ll either create a password, or log in if you already have a PilotWorkshops account, and you’ll get instant access to the entire program.
We’ll also email you the Pilot’s Tip of the Week. We respect your privacy and do not share your information.
You can earn 6 WINGS credits for completing Real World Coast to Coast: 2 basic, 2 advanced and 2 master. A simple online form for requesting credit is included on the website.
AOPA Premier Partner
PilotWorkshops is proud to support AOPA and its membership in their mission of advancing the growth and safety of general aviation. Your support helps.