Tips for Planning A Long Flight
Free course shares tips and tactics for cross-country flying.
Gain valuable knowledge from every briefing, flight and debrief.
Valuable “lessons learned” include:
- Long-range, cross-country flight planning
- ATC Communications – IFR and VFR
- A variety of reroutes and diversions
- High-altitude mountain crossings
- Radio communication problems in IMC
- IFR legs through complex NY and LA airspace
- VFR over the Grand Canyon at dusk
- A high-density-altitude landing and departure
- Fun at LAX: STAR in, SID out (and a flat tire)
- Turbulence from winds, mountains, and heavy rain
- Various “special flight rules area” transitions
- Fatigue, hunger, stress, and potential hypoxia
- Breathtaking scenery across the USA
- And much more!
You’ll get instant access to the entire online course for free.
We’ll also email you the Pilot’s Tip of the Week. We respect your privacy and do not share your information.
You can earn 6 WINGS credits for completing the Real World Coast to Coast video course: 2 basic, 2 advanced and 2 master. A simple online form for requesting credit is included on the website.
AOPA Premier Partner
PilotWorkshops is proud to support AOPA and its membership in their mission of advancing the growth and safety of general aviation. Your support helps.